fredag, juli 22, 2011

Vi är på sin höjd bara medförfattare till våra liv!

"... essential to our learning to act is that we learn to behave in a way that others can construe our actions as intelligible. In other words, the intelligibility of an action depends on the narrative continuities in an agent's life. Yet the ability to narrate my life depends on having narratives available that make my peculiar life fit within narratives of a community that direct me toward an end that is not of my own making. The intelligibility of my life, therefore, depends on the stock of descriptions at a particular time, place, and culture. I am, at best, no more than a co-author of my life."

Stanley Hauerwas redogör för Alasdair MacIntyres syn på handlande i en gammal artikel i First Things.

Inga kommentarer: